Let's talk about Home Insurance! Here I discuss with David Robinson of Goosehead Insurance why homebuyers should shop early in the process for home insurance.
Hi, my name is Danielle Scott with Keller Williams Realty. I'm here with David Robinson of Goosehead, and we're just gonna be talking about home insurance. I'm a realtor, so I work with a lot of first time home buyers. What would be, say three points a first time home buyer, you'd want them to know?
- Oh, okay, the first thing I would recommend is to start shopping for your home owner's insurance early. Don't wait for the last minute. And there are a couple of reasons for that. And to just back up, people tend to leave that for the last moment right before they're ready to close and it's not a good idea.
1. One of the reasons you wanna shop early is a lot of companies will give an early shoppers discount. So if you're ahead of the curve and not looking for a last-minute quote, your costs may be lower.
2. Another reason to shop early is there can sometimes be underwriting concerns where that you need time to get them resolved. Sometimes there are issues with the property itself where certain conditions need to be remediated or some carriers might reject coverage on the home.
3. And another thing that can affect rates and the reason to shop early is the insurance companies not only look at the risk profile of the building that they're looking to insure, but they look at the risk profile of the customer and that can affect rates and sometimes even availability from carrier to carrier.
- All right, great points, especially for first time home buyers there's so much that they're already looking at, this is something that they'll easily skip that they'll leave till the end. Thank you for watching. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to myself or David. Our contact information is included below and have a great day.
- Thanks, everyone.